Aug 8, 2009

Nothing

The problem with human mind is that it cannot live without a problem. It is so because it is conditioned to solve problems. When it doesn't find any problem to solve, it creates problems out of simple facts. Simple facts like, say "I don't have anything to do today." Now, how can that happen? When the whole world is chasing dreams and ambitions 24X7, how can I have nothing to do?! Probably I don't have any ambitions in life. Maybe my concepts about life are wrong and maybe I am a misfit. - Thus mind creates a problem out of nothing.

Not listening to the mind doesn't work because not listening to it creates a chain of questions ; "How can I ask my mind to be quiet?", "Am I a hypocrite?", "Am I afraid of questions!?"
These questions create more problems. So, not listening doesn't work.

Reacting to these thoughts work for a while. When you see that you don't have anything to do, you fill your day with activity. You meet your friends or you go shopping and buy things you "desperately" needed. Shopping by itself requires thinking and decision making and so the mind is happy that it has problems to solve.

After a while, your mind sees that your behaviour follows a pattern. It sees that you have started buying things you will never need. It sees that you have started spending more than you earn! You get questions like, "Am I an irresponsible idiot?!". Again, the mind has created a problem to solve.

The problem is that the mind never sees that the ability to solve problems has become the very problem. It can never solve this problem because it cannot get rid of itself. All it can do is make some people (who have nothing to do) write about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha.. :D I totally agree with the 1st para man ! ;) And u grammar n spelling maniac, the spelling of because is wrong !! There.. now u have a problem to solve !! Hehe.. :P

    ReplyDelete