Feb 11, 2009

Nothing

Yesterday, when I was about to leave after posting something new in the blog, the owner of the browsing centre asked his chela: "Taak spelling enu?"
The chela, feeling important, said : "Taalk or Taak?"
Owner: I want to Taak to you. ee Taak.
Me : Taak spellingu -- T-A-L-K.
Owner (He is head to toe English now) : Oh, is it? Okay.
Meanwhile, Chela : Yes, yes. Taak is T-A-L-K.
Me : eshTu aythu?
Owner : What time did you come? (Checks the register) 20 Rs.
Me: AshTu aytha? Oh, okay, correct.
Owner : Yes, you came at 7:30.
Me : Howdu.
Owner : Yes.

Hey, come on, how can he Taak to me in Kannada! He is the guy who connects MadiwaaLa to the world of internet! He Taaks only the Universal Language!
Okay, I don't want to make fun of anybody, but I want to tell him, "Magane, Kannada mathaDidre maryade enu kaDime aagolla! English mathaDorella buddhivantharu anthanu alla! Irali biDu, ninage heLi prayojana illa ansuthe."

No comments:

Post a Comment